Auditing firm KPMG South Africa has committed to donate R12,5 million to the Social Justice Initiative (SJI). The funds will be invested in programmes that promote accountable governance and combat corruption in South Africa.
SJI will support initiatives led by registered South African non-profit organisations, implementing the following activities:
- Promote public awareness and civic response to corruption.
- Receive reports, investigate, and expose corruption.
- Protect whistle-blowers.
- Contribute towards the development of policies that seek to prevent corruption and protect South Africans from its effects.
- Conduct social audits at local levels to promote transparency and accountability.
- Litigate on corruption-related matters.
- Conduct research and provide technical support to strengthen state and business accountability.
- Build the capacity of community based organisations to combat corruption and hold leaders accountable.
SJI will follow its grant making process which includes partnering with other grant-makers in identifying initiatives and disbursing the funds. Non-profit organisations will be invited to apply in early 2019 and the final selection of grantees will be made independently by the SJI Board.
Contact: Tshepiso Mohare : firstname.lastname@example.org : Tel: 011 327 6181